flowering now in my garden....

...is the wonderful Everlasting daisy (Rhodanthe chlorocephala ssp. rosea). I've sown seed of this little ripper each spring in my farm vegie patch, with very happy results! 





This season, it's on the outside of the fenced patch to give me more room for precious salad and veg in need of protection from those pesky wallabies and rabbits. Which means the daisy's getting a little pruning here and there... 

Luckily, so far the damage has been minimal, but I'm keeping my homemade chilli spray at the ready...just in case.



Great for attracting pollinators, this Everlasting Paper daisy has been such a happy addition to my patch! Its bright and cheery clusters of white to dark pink with golden or black and yellow centres greet me each time I open the gate to harvest something wonderful for the next meal. Right now, with the patch absolutely pumping, that's at least three times a day. But I like to nourish my body often, so could be more like five. Good for the soul, right?