return to the patch

Even though news from my patch has been a little thin on the ground, let me assure you that production hasn't been! Here's proof...



Summer provided another bumper crop of tomatoes, those we couldn't consume I dried and crushed, semi-dried and stored in oil, made sauce, chutney, pickles and even just preserved some in large jars with water and a little lemon juice...saves having to buy tinned tomatoes. I'm down to my last jar so am keen to get next season's crop on its way!

We had so many strawberries I was giving them away....


...while the raspberries were an absolute delight! 


But I dug them all up to relocate into new beds...oh yeah, I've extended the patch. I now have a dedicated section for berries. It also includes blueberries, gooseberries and young berries. 

And, after two seasons of harvesting magnificent large fruit from the blackberry invading our rural property, the time has come for eradication. But I must have blackberries to make Stephanie's Bramble Cake, so I'm hoping to get hold of some of the non-invasive forms.











Artichokes, corn, nugget pumpkins, spuds, zucchini, beans capsicum, chilli and eggplant flourished and supplied a wonderful bounty for months. 


Lettuce varieties abounded, while coriander, basil, oregano, rosemary and lemon verbena too provided amazing flavour to our summer feasts!

Enough of last summer, lets get ready for spring!


Work with me to create the garden of your dreams. Call me on 0400 258 362, email me at kj@karenjohnson.com.au or visit my website and Facebook Page